In the words of Brave Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Brendan Eich, the man who also invented JavaScript and co-founded Mozilla, the Chromium-based open source browser known as Brave was designed to completely take advertising out of the equation, all while giving users back their autonomy and privacy. Today, that same browser is proud to announce a new digital advertising model within the browser, Brave Ads.

While the cynics out there might call the introduction of ads to the Brave browser an easily predicted outcome or perhaps an inevitability, the truth of the matter is that there is much more than meets the eye with this decision. As Venture Beat's Emil Protalinski reports, participation in Brave Ads is entirely optional, and those who opt in while receive 70 percent of all revenue generated via monthly payouts of a new cryptocurrency which can then be donated to favorite websites and content creators. From here, Brave will retain the remaining 30 percent of ad revenue.

Outside of a shared revenue model, Brave Ads also boasts a commitment to a non-intrusive, privacy-oriented ad experience. Unlike other platforms, Brave will only show two ads per hour by default as notifications "at a time that the browser finds appropriate and not disruptive." Additionally, all ad matching happens locally, so user data never leaves the device or is sent to Brave or other third-party agencies.

Given how turned off current users – especially millennials – are by the current digital advertising ecosystem, a new approach that focuses on a healthy mix of incentives and enhanced privacy could be the key to pushing back against the rise of ad blockers – and provide your dealership with a more effective chance to reach out and connect with target demographics in a meaningful and profitable way.

Is Brave breaking the mold and rewriting the rules of modern digital advertising? Should your dealership consider using this platform once it is released to the entirety of the Brave audience? To garner more insight and answer these questions, be sure to dig into the full story by Protalinski and the Venture Beat team on the other side of the link we've provided down below.

Read the Full Article Here