Jobs at Remora
Join our team! We have 1 open position.
Opportunities at Remora
Full Stack Developer
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posted: September 21, 2021
We work regular hours Monday through Friday and you will be expected to work in close collaboration with our development and design teams. There is plenty of flexibility in the schedule and occasional remote work is permitted. Proficiency with PHP frameworks is expected and required. We are always seeking super stars that are passionate about technology with a strong desire for continued learning. The camaraderie is real at Remora; we always treat you with the respect you deserve, and all of our techs enjoy a laid-back atmosphere surrounded by true professionals. We research new trends, advocate for best practices, and we all value the shared and rich learning environment at Remora.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay based on experience. Junior developers start between $75-105K.
- All major holidays off with pay plus 15 days of additional paid time off in the first year.
- Five extra days of PTO for each year with the company, up to 5 total weeks of PTO per year.
- An ideal work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. (1+ years)
- Clear understanding of web system architecture and stacks.
- Fluency in Laravel, Symfony, or a similar modern PHP MVC framework.
- Proficiency with Git. Branching, merging, pull requests, and conflicts.
- Proficiency in CSS3 and HTML5.
Not required, but additional consideration will be given for:
- Experience with AWS, containerization, Docker, Kubernetes or Vagrant.
- Experience Unit Testing with PHPUnit or similar library.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or CircleCIApply Now
Work Life at Remora
Headquartered in Jacksonville, we are a passionate group of software engineers that rely on each other to create outrageous tech that upends industries. Remora serves hundreds of car dealership clients across North America and we are disrupting the traditional OEM dealership website model. Well-established and poised for explosive growth, we are always seeking outstanding developers with great work ethics to join our team. If you fit in working shoulder to shoulder with the best of the best, then we want you to start right away. If you believe that you may be the fit that we are looking for, please email your resume to [email protected]
- Cloudflare - DNS, WAF
- AWS - RDS, ECR, S3, Elasticache, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda
- MySQL 5.7
- PHP 7.1
- Laravel 5.5
- AngularJS 1
- Python 3
Joel Test - 12/12
- Source control - Yes.
- One-step build - Yes.
- Daily builds - Yes.
- Bug database - Yes.
- Bugs fixed before writing new code - Yes.
- Up-to-date schedule - Yes.
- Specs - Yes.
- Quiet working conditions - Yes.
- Best tools that money can buy - Yes.
- Testers - Yes.
- Code screening - Yes.
- Hallway usability testing - Yes.