Last Updated: October 1st, 2021
- 1 - Information We Collect About You
- 2 - How We Collect Information
- 3 - Information You Provide To Us
- 4 - Automatically Collected Data
- 5 - Methods of Data Collection
- 6 - Third-Party Tracking
- 7 - How We Use Your Information
- 8 - Disclosure Of Your Information
- 9 - Your Privacy Choices
- 10 - International Users
- 11 - Canadian Users
- 12 - Children Under The Age Of 13
- 13 - Deleting or Correcting Your Information
- 14 - Your California Privacy Rights
- 15 - Data Security
- 17 - Contact Information
- (a) Through the Services.
- (b) In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- (c) Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services or a Third-Party.
- (d) When you interact with our advertising or applications on Third-Party websites and services.
1 - INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1.1 What we collect: We collect several types of information from and about users of our Technology and the Services, including information:
- (a) That is personal information, by which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number;
- (b) That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- (c) That you share it through our Services, including with another user of our Services.
- (d)that is necessary to make financial transactions, such as your billing address and credit card or other payment information; and/or
- (e) About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
2 - How we collect this information
We collect information:
2.1 Directly from you when you provide it to us.
2.2 Automatically as you use our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
2.3 From third parties, for example, our business partners or from publicly available sources.
3 - Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through our Services may include:
3.1 Registration and Profile Information: Information that you provide by filling in forms through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, signing up to receive information about our Services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services. If you sign up for an account, register to use our Services, purchase our products, or sign up to receive information about our Services, we may ask you for your, or your customer’s, first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, physical address, P.O. box or other postal address, login information, and any other information we collect.
3.2 Communications with Remora: Information when you contact us directly such as records and copies of your correspondence, as well as communications with other parties as you use the Services.
3.3 Communications Using the Services with Others: You also may provide information to others through the Services and your communications may be transmitted to other users of the Services or Third Parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Any User Contributions you post or transmit to others is done at your own risk. We cannot always control the actions of other users of the Services, or a Third Party outside the Services, with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
3.4 Payment information: When you add billing information or a credit card number to your account or make a purchase (e.g., through our Payments or Terminal products), we will use a third-party service provider to collect and store your payment information.
3.5 Search Information: Your search queries on the Services.
3.6 Images: We collect any images that you submit to our Services.
3.7 Audio and Voice: We collect audio through the Services, such as voice recordings that may be transcribed by us or a third party.
4 - Automatically Collected Data
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
4.1 Usage Information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through the Services. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, such as the ads you click on, pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, your comments, and the dates and times of your visits.
4.2 Location Information: When you use our Services, if you allow us, we will receive your precise location information. We also infer your more general location information (for example, your internet protocol (IP) address may indicate your more general geographic region.
4.3 Device Information: We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, other equipment identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
4.4 Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies: We and third-party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third-party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services.
4.5 Widget Information: Other websites may integrate Remora’s widgets. When you visit a site with a Remora widget embedded, we may receive certain information about you, including information about the web page you visited, your IP address, and other information about your device. Remora and the widget can recognize you across websites containing Remora’s widgets, and the widget may be used to show personalized content or advertising. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information.
4.6 Text Information: We may facilitate text messages between you and your customers. In the process, we may receive information about these communications, such as the date and time of the SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any SMS messages.
4.7 User Feedback: We receive information about review and surveys and give our clients information about ratings and reviews.
4.8 Profile Information: Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
4.9 Information you provide to Third Parties: If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, photo, and use of the third-party account. Additionally, we may receive information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
5 - Methods of Data Collection
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
5.2 Web Beacons: Our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
We may not always collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that you provide to us or that we collect from other sources.
6 - THIRD-PARTY TRACKING
7 - HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
7. 1 Remora’s Use: We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- (a) To present our Technology and the Services to you.
- (b) To personalize or improve your experience on our Services.
- (c) For marketing purposes.
- (d) To send you text messages and push notifications.
- (e) To maintain, improve, and enhance our Technology or the Services.
- (f) To provide you with information that you request from us.
- (g) To facilitate transactions and payments.
- (h) To provide you with notices about your account or subscription.
- (i) To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- (j) To notify you about changes to our Technology or the Services.
- (k) To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Technology.
- (l) To communicate provide customer support.
- (m) To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues.
- (n) For compliance purposes.
- (o) To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- (p) In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- (q) For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also maintain the information we collect or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of the collection unless we are required by law to keep it longer.
8 - DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
8.1 Aggregate and Anonymous Information: We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, for any business purpose.
- (b) Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors contractors, service providers, and other third parties retained in connection with the provision of our Services or who we use to support our business.
- (c) Third Party App Integrations: If you connect a third-party application to our Services, we may share information with that third party.
- (d) Analytics Partners: We use web analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- (e) Social Networking Platforms and Other Online Services: Our Services allow you to, upon your direction, share information with social networking services. You understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- (f) Marketing: We may disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes as well as our direct marketing purposes. If you would like to opt out of such disclosures, please contact us at [email protected] To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- (g) Other Users: Our Services enable you to, among other things, communicate with others. Your name, username, and other profile information may be viewable and searchable by other users. The content you post to the Services may be displayed on the Services and viewable by other users by default. We are not responsible for the other users’ use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on the Services.
- (h) To Fulfill the Purpose for which You Provide: We may share information at your direction. For example, if you give us an email address or other contact information as a referral, we may use that email address to contact the referred party.
- (i) As Disclosed: We may share information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- (j) With Consent: We may share information with your consent.
8.3 Other Disclosures of Personal Information: We may also disclose your personal information:
- (a) As Required by Law: In cooperation with governmental authorities and in our sole discretion, we may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as in connection with a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) if we believe a disclosure of such information is necessary to protect your, our property, rights, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of information about you may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- (b) To enforce or apply our Terms of Services, Acceptable Use Policy, and other agreements, including, but not limited to, for billing and collection purposes.
- (c) If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Remora, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
9 - YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
9.1 Communications with Other Users: The Services allow you to communicate with other users. Some of those communications are intended to be public. Other communications may be private or intended by you or another user to be private. We cannot always control the actions of other users with whom you communicate through our Services, so you must be aware that communications you intend to be private could be shared publicly by another user with whom you communicate. Furthermore, by communicating with other users, you acknowledge and agree that information you post or otherwise make public may be available to the public or other users.
9.2 Do Not Track: There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
9.3 Location Information: You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
9.4 Remora Marketing Communications: You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] You can unsubscribe from all other promotional communications by replying “STOP” or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] Even if you out-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us. For example, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions, but this opt-out will not apply to information provided to Remora as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
10 - INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. Your providing of information, including personal information, on or to the Services constitutes your consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
11 - CANADIAN USERS
If you are a Canadian user accessing or using Remora from Canada, the following terms apply in respect of your personal information: You have the right to access and correct your personal information, Our Services provide you with functionalities to do this, but if these functionalities are not helpful, you can nevertheless exercise these rights. To do so, you can reach us at [email protected], or by mail at:
Remora Inc., 3236 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL, 32207
We will try to help you with your request free of charge. However, we may request that you pay a reasonable fee, such as if you request a transcript or a reproduction by mail. We will only do so if we are authorized by law, and if we notified you before and you’ve accepted the fees. To avoid any fraudulent request and protect your personal information, we may ask that you provide proof of identity with your request. We will not use such personal information for any other purposes. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days, unless agreed otherwise. If your request is denied, we will notify you in writing, and provide you with detailed motives and information on how to contest our decision.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada drafted this FAQ to help you access your personal information when it is held by a business. You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s Information Centre by phone (toll-free: 1-800-282-1376) during these hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm EST or by mail to this address:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner, 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Québec, K1A 1H3
12 - CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
12.1 Regarding Personally Identifiable Information of children - Our Technology and the Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information through or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not:
- (a) use or provide any information through or on our Services or through any of its features,
- (b) register on to use the Services,
- (c) make any purchases through the Services,
- (d) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or
- (e) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
13 - DELETING OR CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. If you have a user account with us, we cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause Remora to violate its rights or legal obligations.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
14 - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. If you are a California resident who has provided your personal information to us, you may tell us not to share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request here.
If you have registered with us, you may request that we delete your information in your account by contacting us. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information upon request. We may archive all or some of your information as we believe may be required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Technology that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: 3236 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL, 32207.
15 - DATA SECURITY
Remora values the security of your information. We have implemented reasonable security measures that are designed to protect the information we maintain.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain features of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. As our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
17 - CONTACT INFORMATION
You can update your account and profile information through your Remora account. If you have questions about your privacy, please contact us at:
[email protected], or by mail to 3236 Beach Blvd., Jacksonville, FL, 32207,
or call our toll-free number: 1-800-565-4795
To register a concern, refer to the resolution instructions in our Terms of Services.